Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > DropDownList with EnableViewState="false"

DropDownList with EnableViewState="false"

Rajagopal

Hi all,
I am trying to fire SelectedIndexChanged event at server
with EnableViewState = "false". Since I have more than 10
DropDownLists in single page, I don't want values of
DropDownList maintained in ViewState. Is there any way
that I can do it without ViewState?

Thanks,
Rajagopal
vkmraja at hotmail dot com

Rajagopal

At last I found a workaround. Instead of storing values in
ViewState, I am storing only the changes in a Hidden
Variable. so only I need to compare my hidden value to
fire PostBackData changes event.

Thanks,
Rajagopal
vkmraja at hotmail dot com

Robert Koritnik

you could have done it by redatabinding on every postback as late as in
PageLoad. Taht way change events could fire.

--
RobertK
{ Clever? No just smart. }

news:0a5d01c4ac69$68c8a520$(E-Mail Removed)...