Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Please Help... Can't Connect With A Dial Up Modem

Please Help... Can't Connect With A Dial Up Modem

=?Utf-8?B?Q1JNYXIxMA==?=

I need some help. I reinstalled Windows XP and everything is working fine
except my ability to connect through my dial up connection. I’m using my old
laptop running Windows 98 to connect right now…

I’ve gone through the Control Panel and queried the modem and the modem
appears to be functioning fine. Here’s the problem… When I go into the
Control Panel and go to Internet Properties, and make my way through the
various pages, I reach the page where there are 3 options… Connect Using a
Dial Up Modem, Connect Using a Broadband Connection that Requires a User Name
and Password or Connect Using a Broadband Connection That Is Always On. The
top two choices are gray and dimmed on my screen and cannot be selected. So
can someone please point me in the right direction

Malke

CRMar10 wrote:

> I need some help. I reinstalled Windows XP and everything is working
> fine except my ability to connect through my dial up connection. I’m
> using my old laptop running Windows 98 to connect right now…
>
> I’ve gone through the Control Panel and queried the modem and the
> modem
> appears to be functioning fine. Here’s the problem… When I go into
> the Control Panel and go to Internet Properties, and make my way
> through the various pages, I reach the page where there are 3 options…
> Connect Using a Dial Up Modem, Connect Using a Broadband Connection
> that Requires a User Name
> and Password or Connect Using a Broadband Connection That Is Always
> On. The
> top two choices are gray and dimmed on my screen and cannot be
> selected. So can someone please point me in the right direction

Dial-up Modem or PPPoE Option in New Connection Wizard Is Unavailable

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers