Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Permissions problem with localhost

Permissions problem with localhost

Oldman

I have a strange problem with referring to URLS or any embedded user controls
that are referenced using http://localhost... from my web application on my
computer.
If my web application attempts to load an embedded control via the URL name
classid=http://localhost/TestApp/Control1.dll the control fails to load. If
I attempt to access a file through a URL using http://localhost... I get an
Error: Request for permission of type System.Net.WebPermission. However, if
I change the URL's to http://<machinename>/... it works fine. This seems to
be the opposite of all other problems I've seen where localhost works but
computer name doesn't.

Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong?

Thanks,

Oldman

Richard

"Oldman" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i en meddelelse
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a strange problem with referring to URLS or any embedded user

controls
> that are referenced using http://localhost... from my web application on

my
> computer.
> If my web application attempts to load an embedded control via the URL

name
> classid=http://localhost/TestApp/Control1.dll the control fails to load.

If
> I attempt to access a file through a URL using http://localhost... I get

an
> Error: Request for permission of type System.Net.WebPermission. However,

if
> I change the URL's to http://<machinename>/... it works fine. This seems

> be the opposite of all other problems I've seen where localhost works but
> computer name doesn't.

Have you added the dll file as a reference in your project? I'm using visual
studio, and there I add them in the top of the solution explorer in the
right side of visual studio

Regards Richard