Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Setting Javascript as an argument to new eventhander?

Setting Javascript as an argument to new eventhander?

JuneCleaver

I have a combobox on an asp.net page. I would like to enable or
disable other controls on this page dependent upon what is selected in
the combobox.

My combobox is created dynamically on page_load. I would like to set
its SelectedIndexChanged to some javascript that I have defined in the
HTML portion of my ASPX.

I do not want to go to the server to handle my 'onchanged' event.

Any ideas on how to do this? Or maybe you have a better way to
accomplish what I would like to do?

Thanks,
HH

Alex Homer

You can handle the client-side onchange event by adding the event handler
name to the control in ASP.NET:

dropdownlist.Attributes.Add("onchange", "myeventhandler")

then include the client-side script:

function myeventhandler()
{
... whatever ...
}

See:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...cts/select.asp
for details of the client-side events of the <select> list