Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Print Server

Wireless Print Server

=?Utf-8?B?Y29sdW1ibw==?=

Can any one help me set up my Belkin print server? I run my home network
using a Belkin router and all is O.K., but when I attempt to set up my Belkin
print server I always get the message that there is a problem communicating
with it. I have tried
all methods in the search for succes to no avail including from Belkin them
selves so any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

tuftie

Philip Ashley

useful thread here, could be you need to get it replaced

hth

philip ashley

"columbo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can any one help me set up my Belkin print server? I run my home
> network
> using a Belkin router and all is O.K., but when I attempt to set up my
> Belkin
> print server I always get the message that there is a problem
> communicating
> with it. I have tried
> all methods in the search for succes to no avail including from Belkin
> them
> selves so any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.
>
> tuftie

Diamontina Cocktail

"columbo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can any one help me set up my Belkin print server? I run my home network
> using a Belkin router and all is O.K., but when I attempt to set up my
> Belkin
> print server I always get the message that there is a problem
> communicating
> with it. I have tried
> all methods in the search for succes to no avail including from Belkin
> them
> selves so any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.
>
> tuftie

I apologise if you are beyond this stage but one thing I find nearly
everyone who doesn't know a lot forgets is simply that it needs to have the
power plugged in to it. Found that just the other day.

Brian

Have you tried setting it to "Print directly to printer" in the advanced tab
of the printer properties, instead of "Spool print documents so program
finishes printing faster"?
Also make sure that only the Belkin Port has a tick in the box in the Ports
tab.
Brian

"columbo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can any one help me set up my Belkin print server? I run my home network
> using a Belkin router and all is O.K., but when I attempt to set up my
> Belkin
> print server I always get the message that there is a problem
> communicating
> with it. I have tried
> all methods in the search for succes to no avail including from Belkin
> them
> selves so any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.
>
> tuftie

=?Utf-8?B?U2Nvb2J5ZGFk?=

I Thought this might be a solution to my problem, where the Belkin wireless
print server does not seem to complete the print. However tried to set my
printer to your suggested setting but could not save the setting. Any
thoughts?
--
Many thanks, Scoobydad