Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Newbie Questions???

Newbie Questions???

Gustavo Venturo Rivera

I try to make a WebSite, I've read a lot of material about a asp.net, but
I've found the following problems (to me)

I need to load in a web form a couple ddlist with result of SP, these sp
recover 2000 register each, this makes that page weigth 700 KB more or
less, so imaging a user with dial-up connection loading this page???. Is
there any way to improve this load???

I've developed my aplication over VB6, but now I need to access to my BD
in any places, and in any machine so I've decided the best way to do this is
using ASP.NET, but how can I implement my Forms for enter data (data of
client), data for a project, I used to do this using a class for each a
element Class client, Class project and his respective form???, The question
is how this use this class (i have clear how to implement a class in .NET)
in Web Forms, with Web Controls or with HTML Controls???.

Thanks for your advices???

Raterus

As for your first question, disable the viewstate on the dropdownlists and access the value they select through the request.form collection. You will have to refill it though each time you need to see it, but if you understand anything about the viewstate, you will realize that they are double-downloading the contents, and then have to upload the contents back to your webserver to process the page. Or you could try to implement a strategy to keep the viewstate on the server.