Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > asp button click event does not fire

asp button click event does not fire

Rea Peleg

Hi all
This is so Bizarre - asp button click event is working perfectly on one
page.
I duplicated this page in order to use it again with minor modifications
but there the button wont work..

It must be something silly, that i have changed without noticing but i just
can't find it....
Buttons code is identical in both pages and i have another button
on the problematic page which fires like M-16.
What else could hinder one control and live the rest untouched if not its
code??

Thanks alot
Rea

David Alexander

Sometimes when you copy and paste from the design view, VS.NET will
automatically change the names of controls to the generic defaults, so if
you copied and pasted controls from the design view and copied and pasted
the event handlers from the code view, I suspect that your button has a
generic name, but your click event handler is still named for the original
button name. The easy way to check this is to double-click on the button
that doesn't work in design view and see if it takes you to your coded click
event handler or creates a new, empty one.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...