Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Does .NET provide any mechanism to replace ActiveX controls on web???

Does .NET provide any mechanism to replace ActiveX controls on web???

Muhammad Shuaib Anjum

Hi,

Is there any mechanism in .NET Framework which can help me to replace
activex controls on my web page??

As activex controls need to be downloaded on the client machine, and
my clients are not interested in downloading any such binaries to
their machines for a bunch of reasons, including the consumption of
bandwidth as a strong one.

Like, by the virtue of .NET framework, can I acheive the functionality
of a "Tree Control" on my web page, without using/downloading the
ActiveX Tree Control??

Looking forward ...

Regards,
Muhammad Shuaib