Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > validate Multiline text box

Reply
Thread Tools

validate Multiline text box

 
 
ashwin kumar via .NET 247
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-11-2004
i have a multiline text box and would like to restrict its maximum size to 200. i am using a regular expression ^(.|\\n){1,512}$.This expression validates includes spaces.Is there any regExp which can validate text box excluding spaces for given length.
--------------------------------
From: ashwin kumar

-----------------------
Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotnet247.com/)

<Id>V7zpnQ5gr0+C6qHv3zf3Ig==</Id>
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mythran
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-11-2004
You could just use the MAXLENGTH attribute, could you not?

Mythran


"ashwin kumar via .NET 247" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> i have a multiline text box and would like to restrict its maximum size to 200.

i am using a regular expression ^(.|\\n){1,512}$.This expression validates
includes spaces.Is there any regExp which can validate text box excluding spaces
for given length.
> --------------------------------
> From: ashwin kumar
>
> -----------------------
> Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotnet247.com/)
>
> <Id>V7zpnQ5gr0+C6qHv3zf3Ig==</Id>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Swap
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-12-2004
Hi,
But it is not working with multiline textbox means textarea if you have any
other idea except javascript then tell us i am interested in it.

"Mythran" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> You could just use the MAXLENGTH attribute, could you not?
>
> Mythran
>
>
> "ashwin kumar via .NET 247" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > i have a multiline text box and would like to restrict its maximum size

to 200.
> i am using a regular expression ^(.|\\n){1,512}$.This expression validates
> includes spaces.Is there any regExp which can validate text box excluding

spaces
> for given length.
> > --------------------------------
> > From: ashwin kumar
> >
> > -----------------------
> > Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotnet247.com/)
> >
> > <Id>V7zpnQ5gr0+C6qHv3zf3Ig==</Id>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Mythran
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-12-2004
Haven't tested it...but here is one

^([^ ]|\n){1,512}$

Mythran


"Swap" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> But it is not working with multiline textbox means textarea if you have any
> other idea except javascript then tell us i am interested in it.
>
> "Mythran" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > You could just use the MAXLENGTH attribute, could you not?
> >
> > Mythran
> >
> >
> > "ashwin kumar via .NET 247" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > i have a multiline text box and would like to restrict its maximum size

> to 200.
> > i am using a regular expression ^(.|\\n){1,512}$.This expression validates
> > includes spaces.Is there any regExp which can validate text box excluding

> spaces
> > for given length.
> > > --------------------------------
> > > From: ashwin kumar
> > >
> > > -----------------------
> > > Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotnet247.com/)
> > >
> > > <Id>V7zpnQ5gr0+C6qHv3zf3Ig==</Id>

> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how to define a variable to hold a multiline text input in perl from html multiline textbox dale zhang Perl Misc 8 11-30-2004 06:53 AM
validate Multiline text box ashwin kumar via .NET 247 ASP .Net Web Controls 0 08-11-2004 05:56 AM
Regularexpression validator on multiline text box Stephan Bour ASP .Net 2 10-28-2003 09:42 PM
Different fonts in multiline text box... Michael Tanner ASP .Net 1 07-25-2003 05:55 PM
how to limit user input into the multiline text box???? cw ASP .Net 1 06-27-2003 11:57 AM



Advertisments