Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Can ASP.Net be accessed from linux ?

Can ASP.Net be accessed from linux ?

tristant

Hi All,

We are considering using ASP.Net for our web application.

But the constraint is the web app must be able to run on whatever browser
and OS, is this possible ?
Is there any workaround for this ?

Thank you for your info,
Trist

Ken Tucker [MVP]

Hi,

ASP.Net apps run on the server and render on the client. So you can
run them on linux machines with out the need for the framework. Here are
some changes you need to make to your pages if you are not developing for
the internet explorer (ie netscape).

Ken
-------------------
"tristant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Hi All,

We are considering using ASP.Net for our web application.

But the constraint is the web app must be able to run on whatever browser
and OS, is this possible ?
Is there any workaround for this ?

Thank you for your info,
Trist

egi

Check this site ...
www.go-mono.com

mono allows you to run .net applications on linux, even asp.net. Project is
supported form Novell.
Current release is 1.0.