Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > TreeView Population

TreeView Population

Steven Herring via .NET 247

I am in the process of populating a treeview control dynamically using information from Scitegics Pipeline Pilot program. The node population needs to be 'on demand'.

I have the treeview building OK but only to one level down.

The following code fails as soon as the value of e.Node is not able to be converted (for example "5" is OK but "5.1" is not !)

private void TreeView1_Expand( object sender , Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeViewClickEventArg s e)
{
nodeFolder = ((Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeView)sender).No des[(int.Parse(e.Node))];
}

Can anyone tell me how to get the expanding node details in a nice way and one which works for n levels deep ?

--------------------------------
From: Steven Herring

From: Steven Herring

<Id>YvqvEvSv7USGEFpXxJvGeg==</Id>

Dynamic population of drop down list jagdishl@gmail.com ASP .Net 2 10-27-2005 07:17 PM
Datagrid Population Craig G ASP .Net 1 12-08-2004 12:28 PM
RE: Simple datagrid population problem Steven Cheng[MSFT] ASP .Net 2 10-08-2004 06:23 AM
Client-Side TextBox Population From DDL Fred ASP .Net 1 07-11-2004 06:41 PM
Dynamic IFrame Population Scott Nichols ASP .Net 1 12-16-2003 08:46 PM

Advertisments