Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > .net user controls

.net user controls

Rod Snyder

I'm trying to set up a site using .NET user controls. I normally segment my
files into sub-directories for organization. However, if I have my banner
and footer user controls in the root and any other user control for the page
in a sub-directory, I get the following error:
Parser Error Message: The virtual path '/ucMX/UCcontentMX.ascx' maps to
another application, which is not allowed.

Does this mean that I am doing something wrong or do all user controls have
to be in the application root?

Rod