Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > aspnet_regiis, VS.Net etc?

aspnet_regiis, VS.Net etc?

=?Utf-8?B?aWxkYXI=?=

Hi

Let's start with what I'm trying to achieve
I want to keep asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 on the same machine and transparentl
switch between the versions of asp.net

What I tried so far
I'm on windows 2000 pro sp

Installed whidbey. I was assuming that VS.NET should handle asp.net version by itsel
at least when i'm starting from VS. Doesn't look it's true can't debug my asp.net 1.
projects using VS.net 2003 anymore

Another funny thing can't access the properties of the web server ('can't read memory' error)

Tried to play with the aspnet_regiis, ended with uninstalling asp.net 2.0 still having the proble
with properties but can debug my 1.1 apps now. So no real success, still tricky not really transparent

ANY SUGGESTIONS

Thanks
Ilda

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

I use a virtual PC to run Whidbey.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

"ildar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Let's start with what I'm trying to achieve:
> I want to keep asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 on the same machine and

transparently
> switch between the versions of asp.net.
>
> What I tried so far:
> I'm on windows 2000 pro sp4
>
> Installed whidbey. I was assuming that VS.NET should handle asp.net

version by itself
> at least when i'm starting from VS. Doesn't look it's true can't debug my

asp.net 1.1
> projects using VS.net 2003 anymore.
>
> Another funny thing can't access the properties of the web server ('can't

read memory' error).

> Tried to play with the aspnet_regiis, ended with uninstalling asp.net 2.0

still having the problem
> with properties but can debug my 1.1 apps now. So no real success, still

tricky not really transparent.

> ANY SUGGESTIONS?
>
> Thanks,
> Ildar

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Just to add to what Steve said, don't forget that there's a free trial
version of Virtual PC that will last 45 days.