Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Treeview expendLevel

Reply
Thread Tools

Treeview expendLevel

 
 
Eilsa@Office
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2004
May I load the entire treeview node but expand 2 level only?

Thanks


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Alvin Bruney [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2004
Yes, but the issue with that is the page will be heavy depending on how much
data you move across the wire. One approach would be to just get the top
level nodes and if you expand two nodes, then get the data for that only.
That's a lot less data than what you are suggesting.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney
[ASP.NET MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx]
Got tidbits? Get it here... http://tinyurl.com/27cok
"Eilsa@Office" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> May I load the entire treeview node but expand 2 level only?
>
> Thanks
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Eilsa@Office
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-27-2004
May I know how to set the property to do so?

"Alvin Bruney [MVP]" <vapor at steaming post office> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, but the issue with that is the page will be heavy depending on how

much
> data you move across the wire. One approach would be to just get the top
> level nodes and if you expand two nodes, then get the data for that only.
> That's a lot less data than what you are suggesting.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Alvin Bruney
> [ASP.NET MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx]
> Got tidbits? Get it here... http://tinyurl.com/27cok
> "Eilsa@Office" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > May I load the entire treeview node but expand 2 level only?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Alvin Bruney [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-27-2004
you would have to first select the node using the "." format. don't remember
the correct syntax but it is something like node.selectednode("0.0") which
would set the child of the parent as the selected index and then once it is
set you can call the .Expand = true on the node. You can consult the help
files for the exact syntax

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney
[ASP.NET MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx]
Got tidbits? Get it here... http://tinyurl.com/27cok
"Eilsa@Office" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> May I know how to set the property to do so?
>
> "Alvin Bruney [MVP]" <vapor at steaming post office> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Yes, but the issue with that is the page will be heavy depending on how

> much
>> data you move across the wire. One approach would be to just get the top
>> level nodes and if you expand two nodes, then get the data for that only.
>> That's a lot less data than what you are suggesting.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Alvin Bruney
>> [ASP.NET MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx]
>> Got tidbits? Get it here... http://tinyurl.com/27cok
>> "Eilsa@Office" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > May I load the entire treeview node but expand 2 level only?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> >

>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how to access the Page from a TreeNode (treeview 's element) : addinga context menu to a treeview abargaddon ASP .Net Building Controls 0 01-17-2008 11:05 AM
Microsoft Treeview vs System Treeview stepkurt ASP .Net Web Controls 1 09-02-2007 11:32 AM
ASP.NET 2.0 TreeView - Programatically Selecting A TreeView Node =?Utf-8?B?VHltYm93?= ASP .Net 2 01-10-2006 03:51 AM
Issue with a custom TreeView derived from the TreeView control Ionutz ASP .Net Web Controls 2 10-23-2005 03:23 PM
TreeView not rendering nodes? Cacheing of a TreeView Per Salmi ASP .Net Web Controls 1 10-15-2003 01:15 PM



Advertisments