Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > temp files on server

temp files on server

Paul Hilton

Hi All,
I am referring to this article for exporting a report to pdf file .

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...sedreports.asp

The issue is that I am not able to delete the temporary files generated on
the server. As per this article, I am using file.delete to do this, but its
ineffective.
Is there any other way by which I can explicitly delete these files from the
server ?

Thanks!!

chanmmn

Have you tried to stop your www service?

chanmm

"Paul Hilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All,
> I am referring to this article for exporting a report to pdf file .

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...sedreports.asp

> The issue is that I am not able to delete the temporary files generated on
> the server. As per this article, I am using file.delete to do this, but

its
> ineffective.
> Is there any other way by which I can explicitly delete these files from

the
> server ?
>
> Thanks!!

Sunny

Hi,

not really a remoting problem, but it looks like that the file is still open
when you try to delete. I have never used ReportDocument, but look if it
has a Dispose or Close method and invoke it before you try to delete the
file.

You may try as well to put the Delete method in a try/catch block and to see
what exception is thrown if any.

Sunny

user@domain.invalid

chanmmn wrote:

> Have you tried to stop your www service?
>
> chanmm
>
> "Paul Hilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Hi All,
>>I am referring to this article for exporting a report to pdf file .
>>

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...sedreports.asp
>
>>The issue is that I am not able to delete the temporary files generated on
>>the server. As per this article, I am using file.delete to do this, but

> its
>
>>ineffective.
>>Is there any other way by which I can explicitly delete these files from

> the
>
>>server ?
>>
>>Thanks!!

Hello,

Check the permissions on the folder and make sure that ASPNET has the
correct permissions.

ChiefDnd