Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Network key trouble for WPA Security

Network key trouble for WPA Security

=?Utf-8?B?MWZhc3RndA==?=

I have owned my laptop for about a month and a half and have had no problems
with it after I set up my wireless network, up until now. One night while I
was using it, it lost the wireless connection. I seen my network on the
available network list and went to log on and as I did I noticed the network
key was not as long as it normally was.
I went into the advanced settings and for some reason the key was changed,
and now everytime I type in the correct key it does not save but goes back to
the shorted key. Do I have a virus or a hacker?? I have ran my virus
protection on both the laptop and desktop and have found nothing .
WHY does the network key keep changing itself??

rexweber@gmail.com

I'm not positive but I think your password is being shown in an
abbreviated format so as not to tip off a potential malcontent of how
many characters comprise your password (i.e., making it harder to
crack). Your password is probably correct and you are having some
other network related issue.

=?Utf-8?B?VmlraW5nMTQ=?=

I am having the same problem and it isn't an issue of abbreviated key. The
problem started after I accessed the wifi network at school and
removing/adding networks and changing the key doesn't work either. The same
key pulls up every time. Any other suggestions?