Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Composite User Control event execution question

Composite User Control event execution question

Jacques

Hi,

I'm building a composite user control the parent of which sets the state of
it's child controls using a method that the developer calls.

So for example...
An aspx page loads up the parent user control dynamically by creating a
Control instance. Once this is done they call a BuildControl method which I
have defined in a base User Control class from which all other user controls
inherit. This method is there to allow the user/developer to first set all
the relevant variables before having the User Control finally render.

Problem: I have a small bit of code in the Page_Load event that checks for
values, then I have the BuildControl method called by the user/developer. As
far as I know, the Page_Load event should fire then the method that is
called by the user. Yet I have breakpoints set in my code and the page_load
event is being fired after my BuildControl method.

Waaaaaaat?

Help appreciated.

Jacques