Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Unable To Create Strong Named Assemblies

Unable To Create Strong Named Assemblies

Ronald

Hello Friends,
I have created a Strong Name Key named "mykey.snk" in my project folder.
I have added the key using

<Assembly: AssemblyKeyFileAttribute("mykey.snk")>

When I compile my application, it is giving me an error. "Error Creating Assembly Manifest: Error reading key file 'mykey.snk' - The system cannot find the file specified".

I copied the key and placed in all the directories of my project, but in vain, I am getting the same error.
How to resolve this..
--
Ronald

John Paul. A

Dear Ronald,
Have you added
Imports System.Reflexion namespace to your application.

--
Thanks & Regards,
John Paul. A

"Ronald" wrote:

> Hello Friends,
> I have created a Strong Name Key named "mykey.snk" in my project folder.
> I have added the key using
>
> <Assembly: AssemblyKeyFileAttribute("mykey.snk")>
>
> When I compile my application, it is giving me an error. "Error Creating Assembly Manifest: Error reading key file 'mykey.snk' - The system cannot find the file specified".
>
> I copied the key and placed in all the directories of my project, but in vain, I am getting the same error.
> How to resolve this..
> --
> Ronald

Ronald

Yes,
That's the one, I have done first.
--
Ronald

"John Paul. A" wrote:

> Dear Ronald,
> Have you added
> Imports System.Reflexion namespace to your application.
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards,
> John Paul. A
> MCP
>

> "Ronald" wrote:
>
> > Hello Friends,
> > I have created a Strong Name Key named "mykey.snk" in my project folder.
> > I have added the key using
> >
> > <Assembly: AssemblyKeyFileAttribute("mykey.snk")>
> >
> > When I compile my application, it is giving me an error. "Error Creating Assembly Manifest: Error reading key file 'mykey.snk' - The system cannot find the file specified".
> >
> > I copied the key and placed in all the directories of my project, but in vain, I am getting the same error.
> > How to resolve this..
> > --
> > Ronald

John Paul. A

Dear Ronald,
There is a minor mistake.

You are using <Assembly: AssemblyKeyFileAttribute("mykey.snk")>

But you have to you <Assembly: AssemblyKeyFileAttribute("..\\..\\mykey.snk")>

Since you mykey.snk is in you project folder, you have to use the above syntax.

See this link.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...StrongName.asp

--
Thanks & Regards,
John Paul. A

"Ronald" wrote:

> Yes,
> That's the one, I have done first.
> --
> Ronald
>

> "John Paul. A" wrote:
>
> > Dear Ronald,
> > Have you added
> > Imports System.Reflexion namespace to your application.
> >
> > --
> > Thanks & Regards,
> > John Paul. A
> > MCP
> >

> > "Ronald" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Friends,
> > > I have created a Strong Name Key named "mykey.snk" in my project folder.
> > > I have added the key using
> > >
> > > <Assembly: AssemblyKeyFileAttribute("mykey.snk")>
> > >
> > > When I compile my application, it is giving me an error. "Error Creating Assembly Manifest: Error reading key file 'mykey.snk' - The system cannot find the file specified".
> > >
> > > I copied the key and placed in all the directories of my project, but in vain, I am getting the same error.
> > > How to resolve this..
> > > --
> > > Ronald

Ronald

Yehh....
Now it is working.
Why we want to use "..\\..\\". Anyway I am placing the key in the project folder.
Can you explain me.
--
Ronald

"John Paul. A" wrote:

> Dear Ronald,
> There is a minor mistake.
>
> You are using <Assembly: AssemblyKeyFileAttribute("mykey.snk")>
>
> But you have to you <Assembly: AssemblyKeyFileAttribute("..\\..\\mykey.snk")>
>
> Since you mykey.snk is in you project folder, you have to use the above syntax.
>
> See this link.
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...StrongName.asp
>

> --
> Thanks & Regards,
> John Paul. A
> MCP
>

> "Ronald" wrote:
>
> > Yes,
> > That's the one, I have done first.
> > --
> > Ronald
> >

> > "John Paul. A" wrote:
> >
> > > Dear Ronald,
> > > Have you added
> > > Imports System.Reflexion namespace to your application.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Thanks & Regards,
> > > John Paul. A
> > > MCP

John Paul. A

Dear Ronald,
These are realtive and escape sequences. Please go throught the link I have given to you. You will get more explanation.
--
Thanks & Regards,
John Paul. A

Ronald