Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > different validation areas in aspx page.

different validation areas in aspx page.

Martin Marinov

there is a way but is a little strange:
you can enable/diable validators and then when you call Page.Validate()
method it will validate only these validators that are enabled

Regards
Martin

"z. f." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> i have aspx page that posts to itself first time, show values related to

the
> posted data, and then post to itself second time, this time doing other
> things.
> can i validate in forst time just 2 of the input boxes while in the second
> time validate other text boxes that are on the page?
>
> TIA, z.

Teemu Keiski

This feature, validation groups, is also built-in with ASP.NET v2.

There's also a commercial product by Peter Blum which gives this capability.
http://www.peterblum.com/Home.aspx

--
Teemu Keiski
http://blogs.aspadvice.com/joteke

"Martin Marinov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> there is a way but is a little strange:
> you can enable/diable validators and then when you call Page.Validate()
> method it will validate only these validators that are enabled
>
> Regards
> Martin
>
> "z. f." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > i have aspx page that posts to itself first time, show values related to

> the
> > posted data, and then post to itself second time, this time doing other
> > things.
> > can i validate in forst time just 2 of the input boxes while in the

second
> > time validate other text boxes that are on the page?
> >
> > TIA, z.

z. f.

Hi,

i have aspx page that posts to itself first time, show values related to the
posted data, and then post to itself second time, this time doing other
things.
can i validate in forst time just 2 of the input boxes while in the second
time validate other text boxes that are on the page?

TIA, z.

Alphonse Giambrone

See if this thread helps.
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...D100%26hl%3Den

--

Alphonse Giambrone
Email: a-giam at customdatasolutions dot us