Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > DateTimePicker equivalent web control

DateTimePicker equivalent web control

Shehan

Hi
I am in need of a web control which is similar to the DateTimePicker
control available in Windows Forms. A similar control is not available
in web form.

In the previous postings, the only alternative described is to use
third party custom controls. Other than using third party custom
control, how can I implement such a webcontrol?

The web control I am looking for should look like a combobox, which on
drop down, should give a calender like interface.

Awaiting your valuable suggestions.

Thanx in advance.

Shehan

Wardeaux

Shehan,
Other than developing one yourself, I've not found a reasonable
calendar/datepicker for webforms that was not 3rd party. It's non-trivial
programming which is why these guys are marketing their work. I ended up
spending more $$$ in time looking/developing my own solution than what I'd
have spent if I had simply purchased one of the already developed ones...
The best calendar/datepicker control I've found by far is "Peters Date
Package" www.peterblum.com...
1) it's $50 for a server license (covers one production server and ALL your
development servers)
2) It is cross browser compatible (IE, Netscape, Opera)
3) Has tons of features that are easy to implement and use like drop
calendar, right-click menus, etc

I really recommend trying it(download trial). For only $50, it's worth the
time looking at... I use it a lot!

Hope this helps!
wardeaux

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...