Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > IE Controls and Netscape

IE Controls and Netscape

Daniele

Hi all,
I'm new to .NET and I'm trying to understand if IE Web control are
compatible with Netscape 5-6.
Have you ever tried these components with different browsers from IE
(opera, netscape)?
Regards,

Daniele

S.Grevi

From the philosophycal point of view every WebControl is rendered as HTML
Control,
(tables, option and check buttons and so on).

If you use javascript in it (like the validators, for example) developing
custom controls you have to be sure that the browser allow the use of it OR
you have some server side method to do the same work.

In fact the validators allow the client-side control using javascript OR
control the input server side, as needed.

just my 2 cent (eurocent, of course).

Stefano
"Daniele" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi all,
> I'm new to .NET and I'm trying to understand if IE Web control are
> compatible with Netscape 5-6.
> Have you ever tried these components with different browsers from IE
> (opera, netscape)?
> Regards,
>
> Daniele

Daniele

Yes i perfectly undestand your saying.
The question is about the new IE Web controls (treeview. tab control).
Is there anyone who know is these components are compatible with netscape?
Regards,

Daniele
"S.Grevi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<uOj8N#$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> From the philosophycal point of view every WebControl is rendered as HTML
> Control,
> (tables, option and check buttons and so on).
>
> If you use javascript in it (like the validators, for example) developing
> custom controls you have to be sure that the browser allow the use of it OR
> you have some server side method to do the same work.
>
> In fact the validators allow the client-side control using javascript OR
> control the input server side, as needed.
>
> just my 2 cent (eurocent, of course).
>
> Stefano
> "Daniele" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > Hi all,
> > I'm new to .NET and I'm trying to understand if IE Web control are
> > compatible with Netscape 5-6.
> > Have you ever tried these components with different browsers from IE
> > (opera, netscape)?
> > Regards,
> >
> > Daniele

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

The last time i checked, they weren't but i believe that was version x.226.
I'm not sure about the latest versions

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney