Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Composite webcontrol and postback

Composite webcontrol and postback

George Ionescu

Hello all,

while trying to develop a composite webcontrol (which has, among other
things two textboxes and no submit buttons) I've faced the following
problem:

how can I read webcontrol's texboxes values, how can it pass data posted
from the client ?

I've looked into IPostBackDataHandler.LoadPostData, but it doesn't get
fired.

Any examples, if possible.

Thank you.
Regards,
George Ionescu

Robert Koritnik

the normal way: textBoxID.Text...

But it depends where you want to read those values. If it's inside your
composite control or container (i.e. page). Anyway. If you access those
values inside your webcontrol refer to my first line. If you access those
values from the outside it's best to make two properties on the webcontrol
which actually are just accessing those same Text properties of the
textboxes. So?

If you would just like to examine the text passed from the user side there's
no need for implementing that interface. Why? Should you control fire any
server events or anything else.

But obviewsly I think we're all missing something. Probably there is more
behind this, that you forgot to tell. Sometimes details ARE important...

--
RobertK
{ Clever? No just smart. }

news:(E-Mail Removed)...