Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Create Image OF remote web page(s)

Create Image OF remote web page(s)

Chad A. Beckner

Hey all,

I've spent about two weeks trying to figure this out. What I need is a
script to
grab a webpage and display it as an (thumbnail?) image on one of my pages.
GotDotNet has a webservice to do this, but I need everything to be "local",
i.e. I can't call their webservice. Does anyone know where I can find the
code to do this (I think I've seen it out there before, just can't find it
again). Any help would be tremendously appreciated!!!

Thanks to everyone,

Chad

Chad A. Beckner

Can this be done using a WebClient control?

Chad

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb...1916&lngWId=10

> Or just write it yourself by "displaying webpage entrie" in plate (e.g)

and
> when save it into bitmap by using GDI +
>
> Hope it helps
>
> --
> Tamir Khason
> You want dot.NET? Just ask:
> "Please, www.dotnet.us "
>

> "Chad A. Beckner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eokeq%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I've spent about two weeks trying to figure this out. What I need is

> > script to
> > grab a webpage and display it as an (thumbnail?) image on one of my

pages.
> > GotDotNet has a webservice to do this, but I need everything to be

> "local",
> > i.e. I can't call their webservice. Does anyone know where I can find

the
> > code to do this (I think I've seen it out there before, just can't find

it
> > again). Any help would be tremendously appreciated!!!
> >
> > Thanks to everyone,
> >
> > Chad

Tamir Khason

http://primates.ximian.com/~miguel/a...04/Jun-14.html
http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb...1916&lngWId=10

Or just write it yourself by "displaying webpage entrie" in plate (e.g) and
when save it into bitmap by using GDI +

Hope it helps

--
Tamir Khason
You want dot.NET? Just ask:
"Please, www.dotnet.us "

"Chad A. Beckner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eokeq%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey all,
>
> I've spent about two weeks trying to figure this out. What I need is a
> script to
> grab a webpage and display it as an (thumbnail?) image on one of my pages.
> GotDotNet has a webservice to do this, but I need everything to be

"local",
> i.e. I can't call their webservice. Does anyone know where I can find the
> code to do this (I think I've seen it out there before, just can't find it
> again). Any help would be tremendously appreciated!!!
>
> Thanks to everyone,
>
> Chad

ashelley@inlandkwpp.com

Here is your starting point. It took me a 2 second google search to
find this. Please stop spamming the groups with your problem.

http://www.charlespetzold.com/pwcs/CaptureScreen.cs

-Adam

Chad A. Beckner

Hello Adam,

I'm not spamming the groups, and I somewhat resent that statement.
Besides that, I did follow the link you gave, and it looks promising.
However, how can this be incorporated to use with the WebBrowser or
WebClient controls to be used IN a ASPX page?

Thanks,

Chad

P.S. What was your "google" string?

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Here is your starting point. It took me a 2 second google search to
> find this. Please stop spamming the groups with your problem.
>
> http://www.charlespetzold.com/pwcs/CaptureScreen.cs
>
> -Adam

ashelley@inlandkwpp.com

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 15:16:50 -0500, "Chad A. Beckner"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello Adam,
>
> I'm not spamming the groups, and I somewhat resent that statement.
>Besides that, I did follow the link you gave, and it looks promising.
>However, how can this be incorporated to use with the WebBrowser or
>WebClient controls to be used IN a ASPX page?

resent all you want,

step 1) read an understand this code
step 2) figure out how to launch a program that can render web pages
step 3) use the code mentioned in step 1 and modify it so that it
pulls from the program mentioned in step 2 instead of the desktop.
step 4) integrate it however you want

if you do not understand how this could potentially work then you are
probably in over your head. pay someone 50 bucks to write it for you.
It'll save you time and money.

-Adam

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

"Chad A. Beckner" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb:
> grab a webpage and display it as an (thumbnail?) image on
> one of my pages.

First of all, please don't make excessive use of X-posts...

<URL:http://sourceforge.net/projects/iecapt/>

--
Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]
<URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>

DalePres

It seems to me that virtually every question that is asked here can be
answered either in MSDN or with a search of the Internet. Besides that, it
could be that a person can't find the answer because, not understanding the
answer, they don't know the right keywords or phrases to return the right
answers in a search. Or maybe they just don't choose to look in those
places.

The newsgroups (emphasis on groups) are supposed to be a place where peers
can get together and share knowledge and questions, not a place where only
when one has exhausted all resources to the satisfaction of some
self-appointed monitor, he or she may ask a question.

I'm curious why you participate in the newsgroups if you find those who
don't know the same set of things that you know to be so offensive to you.

Dale

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 15:16:50 -0500, "Chad A. Beckner"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Hello Adam,
> >
> > I'm not spamming the groups, and I somewhat resent that statement.
> >Besides that, I did follow the link you gave, and it looks promising.
> >However, how can this be incorporated to use with the WebBrowser or
> >WebClient controls to be used IN a ASPX page?
> >

> resent all you want,
>
> step 1) read an understand this code
> step 2) figure out how to launch a program that can render web pages
> step 3) use the code mentioned in step 1 and modify it so that it
> pulls from the program mentioned in step 2 instead of the desktop.
> step 4) integrate it however you want
>
> if you do not understand how this could potentially work then you are
> probably in over your head. pay someone 50 bucks to write it for you.
> It'll save you time and money.
>
> -Adam

ashelley@inlandkwpp.com

I wasn't offended and I wasn't really bothered by the post. This post
has been resurfacing in many different forms over the last couple
weeks and it has been discussed multiple times. I am pretty sure it
was the same person posting with different credentials displayed
although I didn't bother checking into it. I just assumed because it
was the exact same question.

I didn't intend to light a match on this gasoline coverered thread but
cross posting the same thing over and over is not very nice.

-Adam

Chad A. Beckner

To all:

My apologies for the multiple posts to the different forums. I had tried
posting in the dotnet.aspnet and a few other forums, and was not getting the
information needed. This is a priority project inwhich I needed an answer
quickly (which has not happened yet). I have posted several different
version of my post, in a way to see if someone different would catch it and
be able to help. I have searched the internet, responded to others ideas
and queries, etc, but have not found a suitable solution yet. As far as as
Dale's remark, I was not referring to Adam in any degrading manner, but more
of a response to me spamming the groups. Instead of posting individual
messages to each forum, I decided to do a group-forum post (as I had tried
the aspnet group, to no avail), so that if someone does not look at the
aspnet group, that they might catch it in the csharp group, or web controls
group. I did not mean to be offensive in any way, and I apologize if anyone
took it as such. Oh yeah, Dale, why are you posting to the forum when you
didn't even have anything helpful for me in my search for answers anyways?

Again, sorry for the multiple posts.

Chad

news:(E-Mail Removed)...