Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > The number name 'System.Web.UI.WebControls' contains more than the maximum number of prefixes. The maximum is 3.

The number name 'System.Web.UI.WebControls' contains more than the maximum number of prefixes. The maximum is 3.

mayur

Hi,
Can anyone help me with the following error I am getting in my asp.net
application.
The number name 'System.Web.UI.WebControls' contains more than the maximum
number of prefixes. The maximum is 3.

any help appreciated

-- Mayur

ranganh

Dear Mayur,

Can you post your code so that can find out the error.

Thanks.

"mayur" wrote:

> Hi,
> Can anyone help me with the following error I am getting in my asp.net
> application.
> The number name 'System.Web.UI.WebControls' contains more than the maximum
> number of prefixes. The maximum is 3.
>
> any help appreciated
>
> -- Mayur

Armando Hernandez

I'm getting the same error, the problem is when I'm trying to store data
in my database the string created is:

Insert into PI_Partidas (Folio,NoPartida,Cantidad,
Descripcion,Monto,F_inicio,F_Fin) VALUES ('2004-CXW-29',null,
'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox','System.Web.UI .WebControls.TextBox',
'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox,'System.Web.UI. WebControls.TextBox','
System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox')

as you can see when I'm trying to assing any text of any textBox I have
in my page, the string catch it as System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox, I
want to get the text, not the name of the class.

Anyone knows what I'm doing wrong