Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Server Control using a Collection

Server Control using a Collection

ME

Ok I am brand new at C#. I am attempting to build a server control that
contains a collection. Trouble is when I place my control on my page and
edit the collection via the property window (using an Editor) the control
generates the following html:

<controlgroup:ControlGroupControl id="ControlGroupControl2" runat="server"
Items="(Collection)"></controlgroup:ControlGroupControl>

Note that Items shows up as just "(Collections)". Now the desired tag
structure is similar to the following:

<aspropDownList id="DropDownList1" runat="server">
<asp:ListItem Value="3333">3333</asp:ListItem>
<asp:ListItem Value="ffffffffff">ffffffff</asp:ListItem>
</aspropDownList>

So now how would one go about creating a control to automatically generate
the correct tags and also read from them as well?

Thanks,

Matt