Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > No intellisense for custom user controls?

No intellisense for custom user controls?

William Parker

I built a custom web control and have registered it correctly within my
..aspx page. The control is working fine at run time as well.

However when I type "<" character I do not see my control popup in the list
of possible controls. I see lots of "<ASP:" and other tags. Why is this?
Is it possible to add the intellisense control?

I know that class libraries cannot use intellisense from the .aspx page in
VS.NET, but I thought that with custom controls I would be able to,
especially considering I see some many other controls popup when I hit the
opening "<" character. Thanks.