Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > stylesheet not working

stylesheet not working

Random

Under .NET, why doesn't the "class" attribute seem to apply to elements that
refer to a specific stylesheet reference? I've verified that the stylesheet
is being referenced by creating styles that refer specifically to HTML tags.
But if I want to call on a particular style just using the "class"
attribute, there is no stylesheet formatting being done.

Robert Koritnik

Could you provide CSS class definitions and HTML usage? You probably
overlooked something.

--
RobertK
{ Clever? No just smart. }

"Random" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Under .NET, why doesn't the "class" attribute seem to apply to elements

that
> refer to a specific stylesheet reference? I've verified that the

stylesheet
> is being referenced by creating styles that refer specifically to HTML

tags.
> But if I want to call on a particular style just using the "class"
> attribute, there is no stylesheet formatting being done.

MattC

Doesn't ASP.NET controls use the CssClass attribute instead of class??

MattC

"Random" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Under .NET, why doesn't the "class" attribute seem to apply to elements

that
> refer to a specific stylesheet reference? I've verified that the

stylesheet
> is being referenced by creating styles that refer specifically to HTML

tags.
> But if I want to call on a particular style just using the "class"
> attribute, there is no stylesheet formatting being done.

Random

It's not an ASP.NET control. They're just normal, table elements.

I have this in the header...

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" id="Style" runat="server" />

And script that applies the href to the stylesheet reference. I've checked
the source on the browser page and it is being applied correctly. then I
have the element...

And, of course, the class reference in the stylesheet...

standard {background-color: Aqua;font-size: 2;}

"MattC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Doesn't ASP.NET controls use the CssClass attribute instead of class??
>
> MattC
>
> "Random" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Under .NET, why doesn't the "class" attribute seem to apply to elements

> that
> > refer to a specific stylesheet reference? I've verified that the

> stylesheet
> > is being referenced by creating styles that refer specifically to HTML

> tags.
> > But if I want to call on a particular style just using the "class"
> > attribute, there is no stylesheet formatting being done.

Scott G.

You probably have a problem in your stylesheet; for the example bits you posted you need a CSS rule like

..standard { background-color: Aqua; font-size; 2; }

Don't forget the leading '.' for class defintions.

Scott