Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > ASPX standard validator works in IE 6.0, but not in Mozilla 1.4. Why ?

ASPX standard validator works in IE 6.0, but not in Mozilla 1.4. Why ?

peshrad

I'm using Windows 2K, Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, .NET 1.1, Visual
Studio .NET.

In my ASPX Web app I use standard validators like RequiredFieldValidator.
The validators work just fine for IE 6.0.

For some reason which I do not understand,
these validators do not work in Mozilla 1.4 nor Mozilla 1.6,
although these are "uplevel" browsers,
and the validators ought to work.

Can you guess why ?

Your kind help would be appreciated.

Chris

..NET validators don't work in Netscape or Mozilla, and microsoft makes no
attempt at trying to make them work. I believe the Javascript that .NET
generates in order to do the validation isn't recognized by Mozilla, but I'm
not sure. If your going to use .NET validators then you have to check the
browser and do server side validation when the user is in Mozilla.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...