--------------------------------
From: shiney agarwal

-----------------------

<Id>A5m4YL7PcEuVRJf0MItDDQ==</Id>

Owen Evans

Not really on topic for this group, but yes, it can be done. Do it manully
with the Excel macro recorder running, and then translate the generated vba
into vb.net. Please post followups to microsoft.public.excel.programming.

"shiney agarwal via .NET 247" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
(Type your message here)
hello.
can we insert data in sql as well as in excel simulatenously.basically i
want to use excel to draw charts so i want my data from sql to move into
excel and display the graph.i m using vb.net.kindly help as soon as possible
as my project presentation is on head.plz tell me either of the ways.. i.e
insertion of data can be done in excel as well as sql or how to shift the
data.
thank you,
--------------------------------
From: shiney agarwal

-----------------------

<Id>A5m4YL7PcEuVRJf0MItDDQ==</Id>

Jamie Collins

"Owen Evans" wrote ...

> hello.
> can we insert data in sql as well as in excel simulatenously.basically i
> want to use excel to draw charts so i want my data from sql to move into
> excel and display the graph.i m using vb.net.kindly help as soon as possible
> as my project presentation is on head.plz tell me either of the ways.. i.e
> insertion of data can be done in excel as well as sql or how to shift the
> data.
> thank you,

I'm sorry, I don't understand you. If I substitute 'SQL Server' for
'sql' in your post, it makes more sense. So assuming this...

You can use sql the *language* via ADO.NET to insert (push) data into
both SQL Server and Excel data sources, one query for each. You can
execute both queries asynchronously if desired.

Alternatively you could have VBA code embedded in the Excel workbook
(client) to remotely query the SQL Server data (server).

More details on what you are trying to achieve, please.

Jamie.