Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Very simple question (maybe) :)

Very simple question (maybe) :)

ruca

Hi,

I have an web application with fields that must be the filters for some
results. To show the result I have a datagrid.
So far so good.

To distinguish filter fileds from datagrid I put a line between them.
But...................... I want that this line must be dash and I don't
find any control that allows that.
At the moment I'm using a simple HTML Line <hr size=1>

--
Programming ASP.NET with VB.NET
Thank's (if you try to help me)

Matthew Wilson

You can use a stylesheet to define the style for all <HR> tags in an html document. I believe there is a line-style attribute that can be set to dashed. Also, if you require both solid lines in someplaces and dashed lines in others you can define a style for just that particular <HR> by setting the class property insite the tag like so <HR class=filter> and define filter as a style in your stylesheet with the dashed format

Robert Koritnik

Hint. you could try setting dashed line with border style... define a style
sheet for HR tag or a class and use it...

--
RobertK
{ Clever? No just smart. }

"ruca" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have an web application with fields that must be the filters for some
> results. To show the result I have a datagrid.
> So far so good.
>
> To distinguish filter fileds from datagrid I put a line between them.
> But...................... I want that this line must be dash and I don't
> find any control that allows that.
> At the moment I'm using a simple HTML Line <hr size=1>
>

> --
> Programming ASP.NET with VB.NET
> Thank's (if you try to help me)
> Hope this help you (if I try to help you)
> ruca

Eliyahu Goldin

The best element the browser know how to handle is <table>. In the situation
similar to yours I used a table and border setting in <td>s to make a line.

Eliyahu

"ruca" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have an web application with fields that must be the filters for some
> results. To show the result I have a datagrid.
> So far so good.
>
> To distinguish filter fileds from datagrid I put a line between them.
> But...................... I want that this line must be dash and I don't
> find any control that allows that.
> At the moment I'm using a simple HTML Line <hr size=1>
>

> --
> Programming ASP.NET with VB.NET
> Thank's (if you try to help me)
> Hope this help you (if I try to help you)
> ruca

Robert Koritnik

Actually I NEVER use HRs because of lack of control. I share my opinion with
Eliyahu that Table is the most powerful HTML element. When I do some table
layouts I alwys use TABLE element and set maybe a border or a 1px heigh TD
with background. Depends on case by case... This way you have total control
of everything.

--
RobertK
{ Clever? No just smart. }