Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > client-side scripting interfacing with viewstate?

client-side scripting interfacing with viewstate?

TR

Is it possible to cause a server-side control to remember data that was
inserted into it via a client-side script?

Assuming this:

<DIV id=outerpanel runat=server>
<DIV id=innerpanel runat=server>
</DIV>
</DIV>

Now, a client-side script injects HTML into 'innerpanel' and makes
'innerpanel' visible. Is there any way for the client-side script to
update the viewstate so the aspx page remembers these changes?

Thanks!
TR

Vidar Petursson

Hi

I would think the only way would be stuffing a <input type="hidden" with
the div data or if its BIG a hidden textarea <textarea style="display:none"
then onsubmit you could stuff it...

--
Best Regards
Vidar Petursson

No matter where you go there you are
==============================
"TR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Is it possible to cause a server-side control to remember data that was
> inserted into it via a client-side script?
>
> Assuming this:
>
> <DIV id=outerpanel runat=server>
> <DIV id=innerpanel runat=server>
> </DIV>
> </DIV>
>
> Now, a client-side script injects HTML into 'innerpanel' and makes
> 'innerpanel' visible. Is there any way for the client-side script to
> update the viewstate so the aspx page remembers these changes?
>
> Thanks!
> TR

TR

Hi Vidar,
Thanks for the suggestion of the hidden input type. We were
actually trying to avoid a postback, though, trying to keep
things client-side. Once postback enters into the picture, the
options are more numerous.
Regards
TR

In article <ul#(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) writes...

Interfacing to PCI Gunit VHDL 0 08-25-2004 12:13 PM
interfacing Chameleon POD Amontec Team, Laurent Gauch VHDL 0 02-05-2004 10:56 PM
Interfacing PDIUSBP11A to a Microcontroller SneakerNet VHDL 0 09-01-2003 01:27 AM

Advertisments