Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > AspNetHostingPermission trouble - How do you develop custom controls?

AspNetHostingPermission trouble - How do you develop custom controls?

news.microsoft.com

I'm trying to develop a custom web control but I can't add it to an aspx
page through the VS.NET designer. Nothing happens when I try and if I switch
to HTML view and add it there I get the follwing error in the designer (even
though the application works when I run it):

Parser Error: Request for the permission of type
System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System Verion: 1.0.5000.0, Culture:
neutral, PublicKeyToken: b77a5c561934e089 failed.

As usual everthing works as it should if I run with administrator
privileges...

I assume the problem is related to how/where VS.NET loads the control dll
from. Is there any way to configure the .NET security (or whatever causes
the problem) so that I can develop and test web control libraries from my
non-admin account? It seems that registering them in the GAC does solve the
problem but then I have to have an administrator prompt open to
register/unregister the dll everytime it is built. Or does everyone here run
as administrator? Any tips or explanations would be most welcome... Thanks.

Patrik