Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Paging Stops working?

Paging Stops working?

Rob

Hey yall.
I have a datagrid returning over 13K records, so obvious to do paging
right?
well I also have template/button columns in the grid so originally, I
was having the problem of the item command event firing before paging
and paging was not working at all,

To fix that, I added If e.Item.ItemIndex > -1 Then itemcommand code...
to my item event sub and now paging works.. well sort of,

Now after the first click of next page, the paging stops working, when
I click on Next it refreshes but does not refresh the data to the next
set it stays the same , I have simple code in the PageIndexChanged
event.. Me.dataGrid.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex
dataGrid.DataBind()

any advice as always appreciated.

Michelle Hlaing

--------------------
>From: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Rob)
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontro ls
>Subject: Paging Stops working?
>Date: 12 May 2004 09:02:08 -0700
>Hey yall.
>I have a datagrid returning over 13K records, so obvious to do paging
>right?
>well I also have template/button columns in the grid so originally, I
>was having the problem of the item command event firing before paging
>and paging was not working at all,
>
>To fix that, I added If e.Item.ItemIndex > -1 Then itemcommand code...
>to my item event sub and now paging works.. well sort of,
>
>Now after the first click of next page, the paging stops working, when
>I click on Next it refreshes but does not refresh the data to the next
>set it stays the same , I have simple code in the PageIndexChanged
>event.. Me.dataGrid.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex
>dataGrid.DataBind()
>
>any advice as always appreciated.

Hi there,

There are a few examples online that you can have a look at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...bformspage.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...webcontrol.asp

This site has lots of How To examples for the datagrid: http://authors.aspalliance.com/aspxt.../datagrid.aspx

Hope that helps,

Michelle

***Disclaimer: This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no rights.***