Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Templated Web custom control and templates

Templated Web custom control and templates

Robert Koritnik

If I inherit my templated data-bound control the design time doesn't
recognize my templates. They are all null. But if I inherit from WebControl
things work ok, but I don't need all those properties that WebControl give
me.

I have my custom control designer because of the datasource property.

Any clues how to bind Templates so they would be recognized?

Robert.

Robert Koritnik

One more thing. I actually copied the code from the MSDN how to make a
templated web custom control. Including the designer. I just inherited from
Control instead of WebControl.

PLEASE Help me... I'm getting deseprate after two days....

"Robert Koritnik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If I inherit my templated data-bound control the design time doesn't
> recognize my templates. They are all null. But if I inherit from

WebControl
> things work ok, but I don't need all those properties that WebControl give
> me.
>
> I have my custom control designer because of the datasource property.
>
> Any clues how to bind Templates so they would be recognized?
>
> Robert.

Robert Koritnik

Thanks anyways. Found the problem. To put it correctly. the explanation in
MSDN seems somehow unanderstandible so I instantiated with wrong parameters.

Robert

ASP.NET Templated User Controls - Limit child controls allowable within a templated control JohnyStyles@gmail.com ASP .Net 0 05-29-2006 06:00 PM
Templates templates templates JKop C++ 3 07-21-2004 11:44 AM
Subtypes of templated types (in templated functions) Marijn C++ 5 02-13-2004 09:50 AM
implementing a templated struct within a templated struct RA Scheltema C++ 3 01-06-2004 11:25 AM

Advertisments