Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > How can I modify shape of a web control inherit from button?

How can I modify shape of a web control inherit from button?

LvFengRong

Hi,

I want to modify the shape to circle, how can I do it?

Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu

"LvFengRong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:OGoY2B0MEHA.3668
@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:
> I want to modify the shape to circle, how can I do it?

Use an image instead.

LvFengRong

Who can help me to resolve this question?

"Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu" <(E-Mail Removed)> 写入邮件
> "LvFengRong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:OGoY2B0MEHA.3668
> @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:
> > I want to modify the shape to circle, how can I do it?

> Use an image instead.
>

> --
> Chad Z. Hower (a.k.a. Kudzu) - http://www.hower.org/Kudzu/
> "Programming is an art form that fights back"

Eidolon

What would be wrong with the previous response? You could use an image, and
to get the button functionality, inherit it from
System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton instead of simply from Button.

"LvFengRong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Oi07$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Who can help me to resolve this question?
>
> "Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu" <(E-Mail Removed)> 写入邮件
> > "LvFengRong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:OGoY2B0MEHA.3668
> > @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:
> > > I want to modify the shape to circle, how can I do it?

> > Use an image instead.
> >

> > --
> > Chad Z. Hower (a.k.a. Kudzu) - http://www.hower.org/Kudzu/
> > "Programming is an art form that fights back"

LvFengRong

I want use Text property of button, but ImageButton havn't Text Property.
Thanks.

"Eidolon" <(E-Mail Removed)> 写入邮件
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What would be wrong with the previous response? You could use an image,

and
> to get the button functionality, inherit it from
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton instead of simply from Button.
>
> "LvFengRong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Oi07$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Who can help me to resolve this question?
> >
> > "Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu" <(E-Mail Removed)> 写入邮件
> > > "LvFengRong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:OGoY2B0MEHA.3668
> > > @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:
> > >
> > > Use an image instead.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Chad Z. Hower (a.k.a. Kudzu) - http://www.hower.org/Kudzu/
> > > "Programming is an art form that fights back"

LvFengRong

Thanks for your help. But when I run the code, there is an error display as
below:
cloud not load type ecom.drawtext. Did any file lost.
"Eidolon" <(E-Mail Removed)> 写入邮件
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ah.... that would be problematic. I do not know of any way to change the
> shape of a button.... the problem i would see is that the button is not
> drawn by the server, but by the client, so (i would think) you wouldnt
> really have any control over it.
>
> The attached zip file includes a page a wrote which shows a way you could
> overcome this. Note that this code is not my own, but is a compilation and
> adaptation of code found in several places around the web.
>
> The code i put together here, i used to draw a line of text, with a
> transparent background, which could be rotated to any of the four cardinal
> increments (0, 90, 180, 270?. You could use this code and modify it
> accordingly to actually draw out more of a button-shaped object than

simply