Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > tried to run skmMenu example

tried to run skmMenu example

Paul

Hi Scott
I downloaded an example from the link provided, but seem to be missing an assembly or two
The .NET stuff I have done has been in VB, not as familiar with C#, but hav
done a lot of C programming. Thanks Paul
Here are the errors, just wondering if you know what might be wrong
********************************
skmMenu Version 2.
using System.Web.UI.Design; error the type or namespace name Design does not exist
*********************************
The type or namespace name 'ControlDesigner could not be found
public class MenuDesigner : ControlDesigner

Scott Mitchell [MVP]

Paul wrote:
> I downloaded an example from the link provided, but seem to be missing an assembly or two.
> The .NET stuff I have done has been in VB, not as familiar with C#, but have
> done a lot of C programming. Thanks Paul.
> Here are the errors, just wondering if you know what might be wrong?
> *********************************
> skmMenu Version 2.2
> using System.Web.UI.Design; error the type or namespace name Design does not exist.
> **********************************
> The type or namespace name 'ControlDesigner could not be found.
> public class MenuDesigner : ControlDesigner

Paul, you need to add the System.Design.dll assembly to your project's
Referneces.

This FAQ describes compiling with VS.NET 2002:
http://skmmenu.com/menu/FAQs.aspx#f4

Also, there's an active forum for skmMenu users at:
http://www.gotdotnet.com/Community/M...d.aspx?id=5587

(Over 335 posts on just skmMenu...)

--

Scott Mitchell
http://www.4GuysFromRolla.com

SKMMenu and SSL UJ ASP .Net 3 10-11-2005 01:53 PM
Access is denied:'skmMenu' =?Utf-8?B?TmV0IERldmVsb3Blcg==?= ASP .Net 1 06-01-2005 01:48 PM
skmmenu xml sri_san@mailcity.com ASP .Net 1 01-19-2005 05:20 AM
skmMenu in User Control (newbie) Richard Lipscomb ASP .Net 1 01-17-2005 04:44 PM
skmMenu in user control - Mozilla problem anony ASP .Net 2 09-21-2004 08:44 PM

Advertisments