Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Newbie question on how to present data

Newbie question on how to present data

Danny Ni

Hi,

I am trying to develop a timeclock report page

Here is a sample of the data I have:
Type DateTime
-------------------
clock in 3/1/04 9:00
clock out 3/1/04 12:00
clock in 3/1/04 13:00
clock out 3/1/04 18:00
clock in 3/2/04 9:10
clock out 3/2/04 12:10
clock in 3/2/04 13:10
clock out 3/2/04 18:10

These are just sample data, real data can have any numbers of activities in
any given day and not limited to 2 days only.

What web controls should I use and how do I use them to present data like
this:

Date 3/1/04
Clock In 9:00
Clock Out 12:00
Clock In 13:00
Clock Out 18:00
Hours 8
Date 3/2/04
Clock In 9:10
Clock Out 12:10
Clock In 13:10
Clock Out 18:10
Hours 8
Total Hours 16

Of course the ASP.Net rendered HTML page will look much better, at lease
aligned perfectly, but I think you get the idea what I am trying to do.

Thanks in Advance.