Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Debug Question

Debug Question

Oskar Lundgren

When I run my web application I get the error message below. It seems to
happen during the compile stage, and I wonder if there is any way to
debug during this stage. I want to know what it is in my code that
causes the exception to be thrown.

I would be very happy for even the shortest of answers. I have spent an
entire working day trying to figure this out.

/Oskar Lundgren

object.]

System.Web.Compilation.CodeDomUtility.GenerateExpr essionForValue(Propert
yInfo propertyInfo, Object value, Type valueType) +2168

System.Web.Compilation.CodeDomUtility.GenerateExpr essionForValue(Propert
yInfo propertyInfo, Object value, Type valueType) +467

System.Web.Compilation.TemplateControlCompiler.Bui ldBuildMethod(ControlB
uilder builder, Boolean fTemplate, PropertySetterEntry pse) +2528

System.Web.Compilation.TemplateControlCompiler.Bui ldSourceDataTreeFromBu
ilder(ControlBuilder builder, Boolean fInTemplate, PropertySetterEntry
pse) +701

System.Web.Compilation.TemplateControlCompiler.Bui ldSourceDataTreeFromBu
ilder(ControlBuilder builder, Boolean fInTemplate, PropertySetterEntry
pse) +262

System.Web.Compilation.TemplateControlCompiler.Bui ldSourceDataTreeFromBu
ilder(ControlBuilder builder, Boolean fInTemplate, PropertySetterEntry
pse) +262

System.Web.Compilation.TemplateControlCompiler.Bui ldMiscClassMembers()
+51
System.Web.Compilation.PageCompiler.BuildMiscClass Members() +10
System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.BuildSourceDat aTree() +1276
System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.GetCompiledTyp e() +152
System.Web.UI.PageParser.CompileIntoType() +59
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemThr oughCompilation()
+126

[HttpException (0x80004005): Object reference not set to an instance of
an object.]
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInt ernal(Boolean
fCreateIfNotFound) +828
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemWit hNewConfigPath()
+125
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem() +88

System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.CompileAndGetP arserCacheItem(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) +116
System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledIns tance(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) +36
System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstance(S tring virtualPath,
String inputFile, HttpContext context) +43
System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpCo ntext context,
String requestType, String url, String path) +14
System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpCont ext context, String
requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)
+174
System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.Execute() +77
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean&
completedSynchronously) +173