Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Adding Dynamic Controls

Adding Dynamic Controls

Tim Marsden

Hi

I would like to add controls to my page at runtime.
What containers can I use to host the controls?
I know I can add them to the form controls collection, but I need to have
control on where they are placed. For example I would like a page header and
footer, menu on the left, text on the right and an area in the middle where
I can add the controls, with the area sizing dynamically.

Hope you can suggest some options.

Tim

Scott Mitchell [MVP]

> I know I can add them to the form controls collection, but I need to
have
> control on where they are placed. For example I would like a page header

and
> footer, menu on the left, text on the right and an area in the middle

where
> I can add the controls, with the area sizing dynamically.

Tim, you can use a PlaceHolder control to specify where, precisely, the
dynamically added controls will appear. Check out this article:

Dynamic Controls in ASP.NET

Happy Programming!

--

Scott Mitchell
http://www.4GuysFromRolla.com

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for Scott 're reply and the informative suggestions provided.

Hi Tim,

I've noticed that you've also posted another thread in the ASP.NET queue
and I've also replied you in that one.
Please have a check and also feel free to post there if you have any
questions or need any help.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support