Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Problem uploading large files in .net

Problem uploading large files in .net

Uday Bhaskar

I am having a problem uploading large files(above 2.4MB) using the
httpFileServer web control in ASP.Net.In localhost i dont have any
problem uploading around 10 MB files.I changed the httpRequestSize in
web.config and Machine.Config without any success.

Also my production environment is running under https and localhost is
just http.Will it make a difference?.

I am trying to catch the exception when i click on the button
control.But the control is not coming into the code itself and
throwing a dnsError page(Page Cannot be displayed) message.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Uday

pramod

Are you able to Uploaded at least a file on production server. like a file
with smaller size.

-p
"Uday Bhaskar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I am having a problem uploading large files(above 2.4MB) using the
> httpFileServer web control in ASP.Net.In localhost i dont have any
> problem uploading around 10 MB files.I changed the httpRequestSize in
> web.config and Machine.Config without any success.
>
> Also my production environment is running under https and localhost is
> just http.Will it make a difference?.
>
> I am trying to catch the exception when i click on the button
> control.But the control is not coming into the code itself and
> throwing a dnsError page(Page Cannot be displayed) message.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
> Uday

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Many people find that ASP.NET and IIS bog down when asked to handle large
uploads.

There are third-party components that handle the task differently:

http://fileup.softartisans.com/fileup-131.aspx

"Uday Bhaskar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>I am having a problem uploading large files(above 2.4MB) using the
> httpFileServer web control in ASP.Net.In localhost i dont have any
> problem uploading around 10 MB files.I changed the httpRequestSize in
> web.config and Machine.Config without any success.
>
> Also my production environment is running under https and localhost is
> just http.Will it make a difference?.
>
> I am trying to catch the exception when i click on the button
> control.But the control is not coming into the code itself and
> throwing a dnsError page(Page Cannot be displayed) message.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
> Uday

Uday Bhaskar

Pramod,
Yes I dont have any problem uploading smaller files.Even the problem
with larger files is intermittent.sometimes when i upload a smaller
file initially and upload a larger file then it will get through.But
if i upload a larger file initially then it will throw a "Page Cannot
be displayed" Error.the page name is dnserr.html.

"pramod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<#cjRATv#(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Are you able to Uploaded at least a file on production server. like a file
> with smaller size.
>

> -p
> "Uday Bhaskar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > I am having a problem uploading large files(above 2.4MB) using the
> > httpFileServer web control in ASP.Net.In localhost i dont have any
> > problem uploading around 10 MB files.I changed the httpRequestSize in
> > web.config and Machine.Config without any success.
> >
> > Also my production environment is running under https and localhost is
> > just http.Will it make a difference?.
> >
> > I am trying to catch the exception when i click on the button
> > control.But the control is not coming into the code itself and
> > throwing a dnsError page(Page Cannot be displayed) message.
> >
> > Any help is greatly appreciated.
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Uday

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

BTW, there's a new free upload component for ASP.NET in the Control Gallery
on www.asp.net.

http://www.asp.net/ControlGallery/Co...944&tabindex=2

It would be great if people give it a try and post a review there.

Ken