Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > How to change font of selected item in RadioButtonList

How to change font of selected item in RadioButtonList

Peter Afonin

Hello:

Is it posiible to change somehow the font or background of selected item in
RadioButtonList? I just want to make it more visible - to make font bold, or
just highlight the background. Cannot figure out how to do this.

Thank you,

--
Peter Afonin

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

the radiobutton exposes the font and bordercolor properties. have a look at
them.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
"Peter Afonin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OsEpC3P%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello:
>
> Is it posiible to change somehow the font or background of selected item

in
> RadioButtonList? I just want to make it more visible - to make font bold,

or
> just highlight the background. Cannot figure out how to do this.
>
> Thank you,
>
> --
> Peter Afonin

Peter Afonin

Thank you.

I'm not talking about the radiobutton, I'm talking about the radiobuttonlist
control. It has all these properties, but not for the selected item.

Peter

news:uYNX4UW%(E-Mail Removed)...
> the radiobutton exposes the font and bordercolor properties. have a look

at
> them.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
> Got tidbits? Get it here...
> http://tinyurl.com/3he3b
> "Peter Afonin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OsEpC3P%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello:
> >
> > Is it posiible to change somehow the font or background of selected item

> in
> > RadioButtonList? I just want to make it more visible - to make font

bold,
> or
> > just highlight the background. Cannot figure out how to do this.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > --
> > Peter Afonin

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

Sorry,
you may be able to do this by adding an attribute to the selected item. for
example
RadioButtonList1.Items[RadioButtonList1.selectedindex].Attributes.Add("font"
,"tahoma");

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
Got tidbits? Get it here...
http://tinyurl.com/3he3b
"Peter Afonin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OY9f91W%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thank you.
>
> I'm not talking about the radiobutton, I'm talking about the

radiobuttonlist
> control. It has all these properties, but not for the selected item.
>
> Peter

> news:uYNX4UW%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > the radiobutton exposes the font and bordercolor properties. have a look

> at
> > them.
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
> > Got tidbits? Get it here...
> > http://tinyurl.com/3he3b
> > "Peter Afonin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:OsEpC3P%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hello:
> > >
> > > Is it posiible to change somehow the font or background of selected

item
> > in
> > > RadioButtonList? I just want to make it more visible - to make font

> bold,
> > or
> > > just highlight the background. Cannot figure out how to do this.
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > >
> > > --
> > > Peter Afonin

Peter Afonin

Thank you, Alvin.

I tried this - didn't work. I tried

Me.rblHosting.Items(Me.rblHosting.SelectedIndex).A ttributes.Add("bgcolor",
"red")
Me.rblHosting.Items(Me.rblHosting.SelectedIndex).A ttributes.Add("Font",
"Bold") etc.

Perhaps I'm missing something.

Peter

news:uw6SZVX%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry,
> you may be able to do this by adding an attribute to the selected item.

for
> example

RadioButtonList1.Items[RadioButtonList1.selectedindex].Attributes.Add("font"
> ,"tahoma");
>

> --
> Regards,
> Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
> Got tidbits? Get it here...
> http://tinyurl.com/3he3b
> "Peter Afonin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OY9f91W%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Thank you.
> >
> > I'm not talking about the radiobutton, I'm talking about the

> radiobuttonlist
> > control. It has all these properties, but not for the selected item.
> >
> > Peter
> >
> > "Alvin Bruney [MVP]" <vapor at steaming post office> wrote in message
> > news:uYNX4UW%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > the radiobutton exposes the font and bordercolor properties. have a

look
> > at
> > > them.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > > Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
> > > Got tidbits? Get it here...
> > > http://tinyurl.com/3he3b
> > > "Peter Afonin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:OsEpC3P%(E-Mail Removed)...

> item
> > > in

> > bold,
> > > or

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

You got me on this one. I couldn't make it work either. Turns out it is a
bug. There is a workaround here if you follow this link.

Regards,
Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
Got tidbits? Get it here...
http://tinyurl.com/3he3b
"Peter Afonin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%233HUX1a%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thank you, Alvin.
>
> I tried this - didn't work. I tried
>
> Me.rblHosting.Items(Me.rblHosting.SelectedIndex).A ttributes.Add("bgcolor",
> "red")
> Me.rblHosting.Items(Me.rblHosting.SelectedIndex).A ttributes.Add("Font",
> "Bold") etc.
>
> Perhaps I'm missing something.
>
> Peter

> news:uw6SZVX%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Sorry,
> > you may be able to do this by adding an attribute to the selected item.

> for
> > example

RadioButtonList1.Items[RadioButtonList1.selectedindex].Attributes.Add("font"
> > ,"tahoma");
> >

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
> > Got tidbits? Get it here...
> > http://tinyurl.com/3he3b
> > "Peter Afonin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:OY9f91W%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Thank you.
> > >
> > > I'm not talking about the radiobutton, I'm talking about the

> > radiobuttonlist
> > > control. It has all these properties, but not for the selected item.
> > >
> > > Peter
> > >
> > > "Alvin Bruney [MVP]" <vapor at steaming post office> wrote in message
> > > news:uYNX4UW%(E-Mail Removed)...

> look
> > > at

selected