Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Close a WebForm? SetFocus in a WebForm?

Close a WebForm? SetFocus in a WebForm?

David Laub

is there a way to
1) programmatically close a Web Form (e.g. the user presses a button, and
the click event calls some close method I can't find) Yes I can do this in
JavaScript, but I'd like to NOT do this in JavaScript
2) programmatically set focus to a specific Web Form Control (e.g. in the
page load event handler, set focus to a specific Textbox) Yes I can do this
in JavaScript, but I'd like to NOT do this in JavaScript

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

David,

HTTP is connectionless. Therefore, if you are going to do this type of
thing, you must do it from client-side code.

Jim Cheshire, MCSE, MCSD [MSFT]
ASP.NET
Developer Support

--------------------
>From: "David Laub" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>Subject: Close a WebForm? SetFocus in a WebForm?
>Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:47:52 -0600
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontro ls
cpmsftngxa07.phx.gbl!cpmsftngxa06.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTN GP08.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP11.
phx.gbl

microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontro ls:18434

>is there a way to
>1) programmatically close a Web Form (e.g. the user presses a button, and
>the click event calls some close method I can't find) Yes I can do this in
>JavaScript, but I'd like to NOT do this in JavaScript
>2) programmatically set focus to a specific Web Form Control (e.g. in the
>page load event handler, set focus to a specific Textbox) Yes I can do

this
>in JavaScript, but I'd like to NOT do this in JavaScript

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

well you can always insert the script into the response object from the
codebehind
something like Response.Write("<script>window.close()</script>");
it is still script but done from the codebehind as opposed to in the page.
The finally analysis is it must be done thru script either thru streaming
the script out or writing script on the client page

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
news:(E-Mail Removed)...