Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > .NET Textbox and databinding

.NET Textbox and databinding

Nikerz Inc

Hello everyone,

Can someone help with this idea,

Textbox1.text = mydataset.consumer.address

Consumer is my table and address is the feild!!! Thx! I want to retreive
and update information from that textbox using OLEDB adapters.

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

Your post went unanswered. Have you resolved this issue?

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
"Nikerz Inc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello everyone,
>
> Can someone help with this idea,
>
> Textbox1.text = mydataset.consumer.address
>
> Consumer is my table and address is the feild!!! Thx! I want to retreive
> and update information from that textbox using OLEDB adapters.

Nikerz Inc

Hi there!

Nope not yet!!! I've been doing some research but so far I can't find any
detailed information as to my goal.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Your post went unanswered. Have you resolved this issue?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
> Got tidbits? Get it here...
> http://tinyurl.com/3he3b
> "Nikerz Inc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > Can someone help with this idea,
> >
> > Textbox1.text = mydataset.consumer.address
> >
> > Consumer is my table and address is the feild!!! Thx! I want to

retreive
> > and update information from that textbox using OLEDB adapters.

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

Your syntax is incorrect since a dataset has tables which in turn contain
rows, it doesn't know which row of which table you are asking it to display.

Use this instead
TextBox1.Text = mydataset.consumer[0].Rows[row][column].ToString()

this assigns a specific field in the default consumer table at the specified
row given by the coordinate (row,column).

hth