Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > .NET Databinding a textbox in a webform

.NET Databinding a textbox in a webform

Nikerz Inc

Hi there,

This must be simple but I can't figure it out. All I want to do is bind a
text box to a column in my dataset. I have a dataset that has First name,
Last name, Address ect.......

I want each text box to have the field so I can also update the database as
well. This seems like mission impossible please help!!

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi,

If you know the structure of your dataset and its tables, you can "walk"
down through the tables, rows and columns to get any piece of data that you
want:

TextBox1.Text = ds.Tables(0).Rows(0).Item("Address")

For a more elaborate method, try here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en..._howtodatabind

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]