Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > WYSIWYG Editor asp.net with IFrame

WYSIWYG Editor asp.net with IFrame

Gullivero

Hi,

i don't know if it's possible, but i just describe my problem. I want
to create a generic wysiwyg-editor in asp.net which can do the
following:

1. wysiwyg-html design(adding images, text formatting, tables, etc.)
2. adding webform-controls (like <asp:label>, etc)
3. adding user and server controls

this is how far i came:

1.) i read a lot of wysiwyg-editors using iframe in designmode, which
works fine as a standard html-wysiwyg editor. I know how to do this.

2.) basically it should be the same with the webform-controls, as the
output of a rendered webform-control is also html. right? Heres, were
the problems starts. How do I render the content of the iFrame again?
do i have to update the sourcefile, of the iFrame?

Adding controls, like

myIFrame.controls.add (myControl)

doesn't seem to work. accessing the innerhtml property of my Iframe
doesnt seem to work either.

Do i have to render the controls first and add the rendered control in
my iFrame? Is this possible at all ? has anyone done this.

3.) Adding user and servercontrols should be the same as described in
2.) right?

Do i have to maintain the webform which is displayed through the
iFrame, or can i just add asp.net webform code to my Iframe and render
the control with some HTMLTextWriter? Has anyone done something like
that before ?

Thanks in advance,

Gulliver

Alessandro Zifiglio

I'd just go ahead and use freetextbox control. www.freetextbox.com

If you still want to go ahead and make your own, look at the source code and
learn from it. However you would only be reinventing the wheel ;P

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...