Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Parser error

Parser error

Sumana

Hello,
Parser Error Message: Could not load type
Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.BasePostBackControl from assembly
Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls, Version=1.0.2.226, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=null.
Why do i get this error and what should i do? I tried re-installing
web controls but still does not help.
Thanks
Sumana

Alessandro Zifiglio

when you added a reference to the IE web controls dll, how are you doing it.
You need to add it from the .net tab. You click on the .net tab in the
customize toolbox dialogbox and browse to your dll, add it and select it.
The reason I'm telling you this is because I have dealt with someone else in
the past who selected mcirosoft tablstrip control,toolbar control and
treeview control from the list of COM components thinking they were the IE
web controls and complained of a similar error.

An easier way to add it is to use the references dialog --project - add
references from the vs.net menu. The default selected tab here is .net and
you couldnt miss it ;P

"Sumana" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hello,
> Parser Error Message: Could not load type
> Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.BasePostBackControl from assembly
> Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls, Version=1.0.2.226, Culture=neutral,
> PublicKeyToken=null.
> Why do i get this error and what should i do? I tried re-installing
> web controls but still does not help.
> Thanks
> Sumana

Sumana

Hi Alessandro,
I did add it using the .net tab. I am not sure what went wrong, i
uninstalled and re installed it a couple of times and my colleague
also tried doing it. But to no good.
Sumana

XML::Parser Installation error: XML-Parser-2.34 Sean Perl Misc 3 10-03-2006 01:23 AM
XML::Parser Installation error: XML-Parser-2.34 Sean Perl Misc 0 10-02-2006 06:20 PM
XML Parser VS HTML Parser ZOCOR Java 11 10-05-2004 01:58 PM
XMLparser: Difference between parser.setErrorHandler() vs. parser.setContentHandler() Bernd Oninger Java 0 06-09-2004 01:26 AM
XMLparser: Difference between parser.setErrorHandler() vs. parser.setContentHandler() Bernd Oninger XML 0 06-09-2004 01:26 AM

Advertisments