Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Emails not sent through asp.net

Emails not sent through asp.net

susie

My asp.net application will allow users to send out emails. However I found out that only emails to yahoo.com are sending out without a problem.

All mails to Netscape.net were not being able to go out. The event log says unable to connect to netscape mail server.

Of All emails to hotmails or msn.com, only half of them go out.

I set session timeout to 9999 in replace of 20 in web.config file.

Some of the emails to company emails are not being able to send out at all.
Can anyone tell me what goes wrong with asp.net? Do I have to install MS Mail exchange server in order to make everything work as expected?

Thanks a lot!