Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > treeview server events

treeview server events

Sandra Castellanos

Hi people,

I am using the treeview from the namespace Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls and
I need it to trigger a server event when I click on a node but not when I
expand or collapse. Here I have found several problems I could use some help
to deal with:

- I only set the event onselectedindexchanged to a value, but it still goes
to the server when I expand or collapse and sometimes it gets stuck there, I
don't know why :'(
- My home page shows the tree but none of the items is selected at the
beginning, the home page has some welcome messages and stuff.... However,
the first item appears selected. So if I click on it, nothing happens,
because the selected index isn't changing :'( :'( :'( :'(
- The onselectedindexchange event only returns the index of the node I
clicked on, not the id not the text. But it's no use to me, I need the ID I
assigned to it, and I need to know who it's parent and its grandparent and
so on are in order to build a cannonical path I have to show on top of the
page... The way I'm dealing with it right now isn't very good in terms of
performance, I'm building a HashTable mapping the indexes in the treeview to
my ID and storing it in the viewstate....

Please please if you know how to deal with these issues let me know

Regards,

Sandra