Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Need advice on web query report control or tool

Need advice on web query report control or tool

Sean Pau

I would like my user to retrieve SQL data through intranet website:

1. Go to intranet link and enter parameters for report (for example Order
From and To date)
2. Click on "Run" button and the data come back in Excel screen.

The data are retrieved using SQL Select statements. The return data are all
in simple table row and column, there is no other Excel formating required.
Users used these data to do further analysis using Excel. I know I need to
create one webform to query for parameter and another webform to return the
data (will CSV format do? I am not sure how to call up Excel, still
exploring). It is ok to manual code for few reports but not if I have 20 to
30 reports.

I am wondering if there is any asp.net control or tools that would make it
easy to code such reports?

Thanks for any help.

Natty Gur

Hi,

That might help :

http://www.aspnetpro.com/NewsletterA...09so_l/asp2003
09so_l.asp

Check the Simply "Compatible: Tab Delimited Format" paragraph.

It's not a tool but Steve shows you how to convert datatable to excel on
the client. You still need to create page with selection options and
generate the right SQL.

HTH

Natty Gur[MVP]

blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur