Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Access DataGrid row/column value?

Access DataGrid row/column value?

Dave

01-23-2004
Hi

Is there way to access a datagrid's row, column value by *name* in the ItemCreated or ItemDataBound events

The only way I got this to work is using the column index in the DataGridItemEventArgs like..

e.Item.Cells[1].Tex

I would like to use column name such as e.Item.Cells["Company"].Text or the equivalent. Thanks, Dave.

Sumana

01-27-2004
Nope, I tried doing that, it did not work for me.
Sumana
"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hi,
>
> Is there way to access a datagrid's row, column value by *name* in the ItemCreated or ItemDataBound events?
>
> The only way I got this to work is using the column index in the DataGridItemEventArgs like...
>
> e.Item.Cells[1].Text
>
> I would like to use column name such as e.Item.Cells["Company"].Text or the equivalent. Thanks, Dave.